The recipe for the vegan banana bread with chocolate chips and walnuts can be found HERE. I will also sum it up for you right here.
4 overripe bananas
1 cup brown rice syrup
1/2 cup barley malt
2tbs flaxseed meal - I looked this up and you can substitute it for one egg. *Obviously it would not make it vegan, so I used an egg replacer to compensate for the flaxseed because I did not want to spend so much money for something I may make one time.
1 cup almond milk - I used rice milk b/c it was on hand
4 cups wheat flour
1 tbs baking powder
1tbs baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips (could be vegan)
1 cup walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 loaf pans with oil or Earth Balance.
- In the bowl of a mixer place: the bananas, brown rice syrup, barley malt, flaxseed meal, almond milk, canola oil, and vanilla.
- Mix it together on low until the banana is pretty mashed up.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
- While the mixer is on add the dry ingredients to the wet 1/3 at a time.
- Pour the batter into the pans and bake them for 45 min to an hour (depending on how deep your pans are. (With mine the green one was 45 minutes, but the loaf took a full hour.)
- Let it cool before you cut it.
And with this one recipe it made me one big loaf and three mini loafs. So it will make you a LOT of banana bread.