August 21, 2012

First world problem

I have been reading this other blog quite religiously (Health Freak College Girl) and she keeps referring to the "first world problem."  Reading one of her posts earlier this month was the first time I was exposed to this idea.  This picture sums it up nicely.

It kind of refers to the fact that as a wealthy country we have more luxuries than others.  Like those in third world countries don't have access to clean water, which is something that is critical to life.  And even with the luxuries of our life we still have things we can complain about.

So my problem, although it is nothing big in the grand scheme of things, still makes me crazy.

Anyways since school started I have decided that I hate my current backpack.  It is purple and white and so is just not me anymore.  I have outgrown it or something.  Anyways, I want to buy another one, but I really don't need one because I have a fully functional backpack at my fingertips.  So I am putting off the purchase thinking maybe one day I will change my mind and get over my want for something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment