January 17, 2012

Double Bean Enchilada Dinner

On one of my last days of winter break I got pretty bored, odd.  So I decided I needed to cook, and figured enchiladas would be good.  So I went into the cupboard and searched for things to add.

What I found:
  • one can of pinto beans
  • one can of black beans
  • one can of green chilies
  • one can of green enchilada sauce

With these I was set to make a complete dish.

Double Bean Enchiladas:

Ingredient List
- 1 (15oz) can pinto beans
- 1 (15oz) can black beans
- 1 (28oz) can enchilada sauce of your choice
- 1 (7oz) can of diced green chilies
- 1 small onion chopped
- package of tortillas - the number you will use will be different depending on how large your tortillas are, how you pack your ingredients in, and what kind of tortillas you use. I used corn. 
- mexican cheese blend
- olive oil for frying tortillas

Recipe
1. Open cans of beans and rinse the beans.  Then place the beans in a bowl.  Add  in can of green chilies.  Chop onion, or used frozen ones, and add them to the mixture.

2. Fry tortillas in oil over medium heat.  Fry on each side for 5-10 seconds.  Have a plate with paper towels on top off hand, so that after the tortilla is fried you can wide off the excess oil.

3.  After all of your tortillas are fried, fill each with some bean mixture.  Because I used corn tortillas I used about 16 tortillas - because they were small - and each one had a small amount of filling in it.  Once rolled place the tortillas in a greased glass pan.  Repeat this step until the pan is full.
       **I would recommend not placing the tortillas to close to each other because the sauce will not get to all the tortillas if they are too tightly packed. I speak from personal experience.

4. Once all tortillas are rolled open the enchilada sauce and pour over.  Then add cheese to your liking to the top.

5.  Bake at 375, for 35 minutes. You may need more time though, I tend to underestimate the time needed to bake things.  When I do is make sure the entree reaches at least 125 degrees, then I take it out.




I hope you enjoy this recipe.


:)

Where I am linking: Sew much adoLil LunaGinger snap craftMy girlish whim

No comments:

Post a Comment