May 11, 2011

Craft Hope

As I have been searching sites for ideas and inspiration I stumbled upon this thing called Craft Hope.  Its where people craft for a cause.  This months mission is to make bracelets for orphans in russia.  I am totally into this, and it is my new obsession for the next month. 

I want to do this in order to be a part of something bigger than myself.  Its a great way to do something small, but know that it will make a big difference to those children who have nothing.  I am trying to think of new ways to create bracelets so that not everything is the same. 

I stated this yesterday, and I have made three bracelets already.  Of course, my conviction may waver through the month, so I am not sure I will be able to keep up such a pace.  But I like the idea of coming together with others and working toward a common goal. 

It's like an independent activity that connects you to many people all at the same time. 



Wonderful!



I hope that maybe through this others will join and this can make an even bigger impact.  I have decided I am going to focus my bracelet making on making ones for the boys.  Its easy to use pretty colors and shiny beads, but I am taking a different path, wanting to make sure that everyone will be included.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amy, thanks for the website!
    This is such an awesome idea, and I love that you are making bracelets for the boys.. Most people will only think of making the girly, shiny ones. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete