May 29, 2011

Gluten Free Chocolate-Banana Bread Muffins

What a title huh?

I began by scouring the internet for gluten free banana bread recipes.  I found hundreds of people offering their gf (gluten free) recipes and I studied a dozen or so of these recipes.  I decided to use other peoples recipe as my guide, then I created my own recipe.  It was another cooking experiment.


When I did this I made 1/2 the batter plain banana bread muffins.  Then I put cocoa powder in the remainder of the batch.  I already calculated that into the recipe.  [If you want to make a whole batch of choco-banana use the 1/2 cup, if you want half a batch of plain and choco banana use 1/4 cup on the remaining batter]

The recipe:
2 cups Pamela's gluten free baking flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa powder (OPTIONAL)
5 bananas 
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons agave
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 brown sugar
1/2 cup butter

Combine wet ingredients with sugar and butter, then I added the bananas into this as well.  Then mix into the combined dry ingredients.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.


Since this was an experiment I was thinking that next time I will add 1/4 cup of water because the batter seemed too dry, and its not something I thought of until after the fact anyway.  I was wondering if it really was too dry as I made it, but only when talking to other, more experienced cookers I learned that maybe more water or oil would make them even better.


Fun Picture:
Wet ingredients
looks pretty unhealthy, but turns out pretty good.








I'm linking up to these parties:
The Girl Creative

No comments:

Post a Comment