May 30, 2011

The Mountains Bow Down

Last night I finished the book: 'The Mountains Bow Down' by Sibella Giorello.

        The novels main character is named Raleigh, who is an FBI agent.  She is supposed to be going on a vacation cruise to Alaska, but when a murder occurs on the ship she gives up her vacation plans.  The events in this book occur over the period of a week, which keeps the suspence at a moderate pace (not too slow or too fast).  While Raleigh is on the case she also navigates through tough personal issues surrounding her mom and fiance.


        The only thing I didn't like about this book is that it ended quite abruptly.  The murder case was wrapped up and all the questions were answered, but her personal conflicts were left up in the air.  At this point I knew that this book was one in a series because her personal story was what would connect all of her future books.  I am left wondering about what will happen in Raleigh's personal life, which should make me want to read the next book, but I don't think I will be rushing out to get the others anytime soon.

        It was a good book, and a mystery that takes many turns and keeps you guessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment