July 9, 2011

Beach Theme Frame

One of my favorite girls had her 20th birthday this week.  So I decided to go all DIY and make her gift.  While I was at the dollar tree I was in the little craft portion and I saw sea shells and blue marble beads (the kind that go in fish tanks), and thought I could make a beach frame for her.  She also goes to college in Cali near the beach, so I thought it would be very potent in her present situation.


I began by gathering my materials - frames, paintbrushes, paint, hot glue gun, sea shells, marbles...

Then I wanted to add light blue to the frames for a pretty blue shade for the water.  I got my frames also from the dollar store, so they were already finished, so I put primer on the frames before painting. 


After the paint dried I hot glued on the shells and blue marble in a sort of pattern.



Finally an idea hit me to use the bag that the marbles came in.  It looks kind of like fish netting, so I added some of that onto one frame as well. 



Linking to: Fireflies and jellybeans. The girl creative. Nifty thrifty sunday.  The simple things. Craft. Flamingo toes. Nap time crafters. Sumo sweet stuff.  More the merrier monday. The girl creative.  Keeping it simple.  Craft o maniac.  SSB.  Sarahndipities. Eisy morgan. 

8 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! I love them! New follower here. =)

    www.adeliciousobsession.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat and thoughful gift! I'm sure your friend loved them. I loved the little touches you did to make them unique!

    Glad I came by from Eisy Morgan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love beachy decor. The blue is so pretty! Very clever with the netting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color is soo pretty!!!! What's the name of the color? And the name of the paint??

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color is so pretty!! What's the name and brand of the paint??

    ReplyDelete