July 12, 2011

Candle Lantern

Last year I made my mom a candle lantern for christmas with flowers around it.  It turned out ok, but I wasnt thrilled with it.  Yesterday as I was trying to clean my room I can across another vase I had bought to make a lantern out of.  So I decided that I would do the project right away.

This was a pretty easy project.
First I took my vase, mod podge and tissue paper and began adding color tissue paper as the bottom layer of this lantern.
Then for my second layer I added dried flowers which I had picked from the neighborhood and left in a book for many months. 
My last layer was another layer of light tissue paper to help keep the flowers on better.

Its not the best thing ever made.  And I think that the layering of tissue make the flowers harder to see, but when the candle is lit it is much more pretty.












Where I am linking: Homework.  Sew much ado.  Lil luna.  Ginger snaps.  Someday crafts.  My girlish whim.  Eisy morgan.  Sugar and spice.

1 comment:

  1. The Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop became the coolest party on the block because of your participation :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete